7 DAYS OF EXPLORATION
In this cultural tour we would explore the The Kalasha Valleys in Chitral District northern of Pakistan. These ancient valleys are surrounded by the mighty Hindu Kush mountains range. You would be visiting three main valleys of Kalasha. The biggest and most populous valley of Kalash is known as Bumburet (Mumuret) which would be reached by a road from Ayun in the Kunar Valley. The key inhabitants of the valley are the Kalash people, who retained a very unique culture, customs and language; they follow some form of ancient Hinduism religion. The language they speak is called the Kalasha language, from the Dardic family of the Indo-Aryan branch. Kalash people are considered most unique people among the people of Pakistan. They are also considered to be Pakistan’s smallest ethno religious group, practicing a religion which some authors characterize as a form of animism, and other academics as “a form of ancient Hinduism”.
One of the other major attractions of this tour is Shandur (Shandur top is at altitude of 3,800 m) which is often called ‘Roof of the World’. Shandur top is a flat plateau and that could be crossed between late April till early November each year. Its grade is almost gradual, which is being crossed by abundant of small streams during summer days. There in Shandur, world highest polo ground in situated at height of 3,700 meters. Watching polo matches between the local teams or attending annual “Shandur Polo Festival” at that high altitude is the most exciting experience you could have.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Islamabad, Pakistan|
|DEPARTURE TIME||3:00 AM Departure|
|RETURN TIME||Approximately 3:00 PM|
|WEAR||Comfortable athletic & warm clothing, hiking boots, jacket and personal kits|
This tour requires a minimum number of people who travel. In case this experience is canceled because the minimum numbers are not met, you would be offered a different date/ tour or a full amount would be refunded
Considering the weather conditions or infrastructure problem you would be offered a different date/ tour package or a full amount would be refunded
|GROUP TOUR TYPES||Couples Tour, Group 5 – 6, Group of 7 and More, Group upto 4|
Islamabad to Chitral
– Departure for Chitral 3 AM.
– Breakfast at Mardan / Batkhela
– Arrival Nagar via Lawari tunnel (12 Hours Travel Time)
– Hotel Check in Nagar,
– Local Musical Night in Chitral
– Night stay in Nagar, Chitral
Full Day to Explore Chitral
– Departure for Chitral 9 AM
– Exploration of Chitral Garam Chashma
– Exploration of Chitral Museum
– Free time to explore Chitral market.
– Night stay in Chitral
Chitral - Mastuj
– Departure for Mastuj 8 AM.
– Exploration of Booni
– Exploration of Qalasht Meadows
– Arrival Mastuj
– Night stay in Mastuj
– Departure for Shandoor National Park
– Exploration of Shandoor Lake
– Exploration of Shandoor Polo ground
– Exploration of Shandoor National Park
– Back to Hotel
Shandoor - Kalash Valley
– Departure for Kalash Valley at 9 AM
– Transfer on Jeeps at Ayun
– Arrival kalash Valley. Hotel Check in
– Night stay in Bomrate Kalash Valley.
Explore Kalash Valley
– Exploration of Kalash Museum
– Visit of Kalsh / Kafaristan grave yard
– Departure for Nagar.
– Night stay Nagar,Chitral
Departure for Islamabad
-Fly back to Islamabad at 8 AM (1 hr 10 m Flying)